Donkey Kong Country Returns
Donkey Kong Country Returns is a side-scrolling two-and-a-half-dimensional platforming video game developed by Retro Studios. Donkey Kong Country Returns was released on November 21st, 2010 in North America and December 3rd, 2010 in Europe. It was released on December 9th, 2010 in Japan. Donkey Kong Country Returns will use the Wii Remote(holding it sideways) or Wii Remote and Nunchuck. There is no option to use the Classic Controller.
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong return as the main characters. This is considered to be the fourth game of the Donkey Kong Country series. Unlike the previous games, Kremlings and underwater levels are not featured. Star Barrels are not in the game either, but are replaced with Pigs. The game is considered to be more of a challenge as the levels progress and no walk in the park like other recent Nintendo games.
The story begins when the animals living on Donkey Kong Island are seen stealing Donkey Kong's Banana Hoard after being hypnotized by the Tiki Tak Tribe. Diddy Kong spots the animals taking the Bananas and runs off to stop them while Donkey Kong exits the hut. A Tiki tries to hypnotize Donkey Kong but is not able to. Donkey Kong then knocks the Tiki far away and the story begins in Jungle Hijinxs.
 Playable Characters
 Donkey Kong
Main Article: Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong: Keeping most of his abilities from previous Donkey Kong Country games, Donkey Kong is now able to perform the Ground Pound and Kong Blow abilities that will help reveal hidden items and stun nearby enemies. He will also be able to roll up into a ball and take out enemies with these move. He can also climb grassy walls and ceilings.
 Diddy Kong
Main Article: Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong is able to use his jetpack from Donkey Kong 64. While in 1 player mode, he rides on the back on Donkey Kong. Each time Donkey Kong jumps, Diddy can give him a slight boost with the jetpack. He also gives Donkey Kong the ability to use the Kong Roll. You can only play as Diddy Kong alone in co-op mode.
 Other Characters
 Cranky Kong
Main Article: Cranky Kong
Main Article: Pigs
Pigs: The pigs replaced the Star Barrel as the midway barrel of a level. When a Kong has passed a pig, they will raise a flag meaning if you die before you complete the level, they will start back at the Pig and keep any KONG letters and Puzzle Pieces that they have found.
 Animal Buddies
Main Article: Rambi
Rambi the Rhinoceros makes his return to Donkey Kong Country Returns. He first appears in the first world of the game and there is not a lot different. He is able to take out blocks that the Kongs cannot and stomp the ground to find hidden items. If Diddy Kong is with Donkey Kong, he will be able to provide a small jump boost for Rambi.
Main Article: Squawks
Squawks the Parrot is not playable in the game. Instead he can be purchased at Cranky Kong's Shop for 15 Banana Coins. He will be able to help the Kongs find hidden items in a level. He will move around when a puzzle piece is near.
 Super Guide
New to the Donkey Kong franchise is the Super Guide. The Super Guide is basically a "win" button. If you die eight times or more in a level, there will be a checkpoint pig that pops up and suggests using the Super Guide. When used, a Super Kong will be used, which is a white version of Donkey Kong, and play through the level for you. Using the Super Guide though, will not collect the bananas, banana coins, puzzle pieces or KONG letters. So if the player is trying to get 100%, they will need to go through and beat the level themself. There is an option to go back to playing through the level if you just needed the Strong Kong to get pass a certain area.
 Cranky Kong's Shop
Cranky Kong helps Donkey and Diddy Kong in Donkey Kong Country Returns by running Cranky Kong's Shop in each world. For a fee of a certain amount of coins, the Kongs will be able to purchase an item that will help them in a level.
- Jungle: The first world of Donkey Kong Country Returns. A Jungle themed world with a mine cart level, lots of jungle and a nice sunset. The boss is Mugly
- Beach: The second world of Donkey Kong Country Returns. This world takes place on the Beach of Donkey Kong Island. It includes riding on a whale, crossing sandy beaches and avoiding destructive tidal waves. The Scurvy Crew is the boss of the world.
- Ruins: The third world of Donkey Kong Country Returns. This world is set in an ancient, temple-wrought environment located on Donkey Kong Island. There is much interacting with the environment to be had here, mainly involving the many statues and artifacts abundant in each level the boss is Stu.
- Cave: The fourth world of Donkey Kong Country Returns. This world consists of only mine-cart and rocket barrel stages. The Mole Train, is the boss of this world.
- Forest: The fifth world of Donkey Kong Country Returns. This world is a plant-filled forest with plant enemies and wooden platforms. Mangoruby is the boss here.
- Cliff: The sixth world in Donkey Kong Country Returns. This area takes place on a cliffside with crumbling platforms, bones, and bottomless pits, the boss is Thugly.
- Factory: The seventh world in Donkey Kong Country Returns, it is a mechanical area with robotic enemies and conveyor belts, Colonel Pluck must be defeated to reach the next world.
- Volcano: the last world of Donkey Kong Country Returns, it takes place in a volcanic location and is the absolute hardest world to finish, the final boss is Tiki Tong.
These are the enemies that appear in Donkey Kong Country Returns:
- Cling Cobras
- Firehead Neds
- Mole Miners
- Mole Guards
- Screaming Pillars
- Tiki Goons
- Tiki Dooms
- Tiki Buzzes
- Tiki Pops
- Tiki Torks
- Tiki Boings
- Tiki Seekers
- Tiki Torches
- Tiki Bombers
- Tiki Tanks
- Tiki Zings
- Mugly (Boss of the Jungle world)
- Scurvy Crew (Boss of the Beach world)
- Stu (Boos of the Ruins world)
- Mole Miner Max and his Mole Train (Boss of the Caves world)
- Mangoruby (Boss of the Forest world)
- Thugly (Boss of the Cliff world)
- Colonel Pluck and his Stompybot 3000 (Boss of the Factory world)
- Tiki Tong (Boss of the Volcano world)
Items that have been shown/announced:
Related ThreadsDonkey Kong Country Returns 3D Exclusive Worlds Area Names Revealed - last post by @ May 29, 2013
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Have An Easy Mode Added to It - last post by @ Apr 7, 2013
Donkey Kong Country 4: The Kongs Return - last post by @ May 3, 2012
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Let's Play :P - last post by @ Jun 12, 2012
Neoseeker reviews Donkey Kong Country Returns - last post by @ Jun 12, 2012
This page has been accessed 20,117 times.