Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
|Donkey Kong Barrel Blast|
North American Boxart.
|Release Date|| Japan: June 28, 2007|
North America: October 28, 2007
Europe: January 25, 2008
Australia: February 7, 2008
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast is a Donkey Kong-themed racing title released for the Nintendo Wii on October 28th, 2008 in North America. The game features rocket-powered bongos that are meant to replace the typical, land-based vehicles seen in titles such as Mario Kart Wii.
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast would require the player to use the Wii Remote and Wii Nunchuck to play. For accelerating, the player(s) would need to raise both the Wii Remote and Nunchunk, upwards. Characters would be able to attack one another by using the A button. To use a wild move, the player would have to push down on the control stick before releasing it. A wild move gives a player a boost and they can ram into opponents, obstacles and enemies.
 Jungle Grand Prix
The Jungle Grand Prix is the main mode for Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. In this mode, the player will race in 3 or more courses in a row. Winners are determined by their rankings in each course. There are four cups: the Topaz Cup, Sapphire Cup, Diamond Cup, and Platinum Cup. There are three difficulty levels to choose from: Novice, Pro, and Expert. Once the player has completed a cup, they will be rewarded with a trophy.
 Topaz Cup
 Sapphire Cup
 Diamond Cup
 Platinum Cup
 Selection Cup
In Selection Cup, players will choose two to five courses to race on. No trophy is given out while playing this cup.
 Random Cup
The game will randomly pick two to five courses for the player(s) to race on. No trophy is given out while playing this cup.
 Other Modes
- Single Race: Players will choose a single course to race on.
- Time Trial: Players race on a single course to try and get the best time. Ghost Data will be saved here.
- Free Run: Players can choose a course to race on that has no competitors or a time limit.
- Cranky's Flight School: This mode is used as a tutorial.
- Candy's Challenges:
- Records: Shows records and status for players.
- Options: Players can use this mode to turn items on or off for other modes, change button settings, which hand to play on, and check controls.
These are the characters that can be used in the game.
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- Lanky Kong (Unlockable)
- Tiny Kong (Unlockable)
- Funky Kong (Unlockable)
- Wrinkly Kong (Unlockable)
- Cranky Kong (Unlockable)
- Ultra Barrel Donkey Kong (Unlockable)
- Kopter (Unlockable)
- Kalypso (Unlockable)
- Kludge (Unlockable)
- Klump: (Unlockable)
- King K. Rool (Unlockable)
To use a helper, the player will have to run into a box on the track with the helpers picture on it. It will stay still or move back and forth in a line for a player to catch.
- Rambi the Rhinoceros: Rambi charges into anything that gets in his path. Players will receive bananas for it.
- Enguarde the Swordfish: Similar to Rambi, Enguarde will charge through any obstacle in his path. Players will receive bananas for it.
Barrel Blast features enemies as well. They can be found on any course and normally will take one hit to defeat.
- Electric Fish
- Big Frog
- Cyber Kong(Giant version cannot be defeated)
For a player to perform a Wild Move, they will need to fill up the gauge with 50 Bananas. Once the gauge has been filled, another one will appear. Bananas can be found throughout a course.
- Single Banana: worth one banana.
- Five Bananas: worth five bananas.
- Golden Banana: worth 50 bananas.
Items are obtained by running into the "?" balloons on the race tracks. Each Balloon is a certain color. Red Balloons represent the Kongs' team, while the Blue Balloons represent the Kremlings' team. When a player grabs a balloon of their teams color, the effect is better for that team and will last longer..
 Red Balloon Items
- Prop Monkey: Is a toy version of the Hurley enemy. It will fly to the opponent in front of the user and take some of their bananas and toss them.
- Squawks: Squawks will fly to the opponent in front of the user and prevent them from using their Wild Move(he will attack them if they try).
- Quawks: Quawks will fly to the player in first place and attack them. If Quawks is used by a Kong, then the player in first place will also lose bananas.
- Banana Fairy: Is a glowing Banana Fairy, that will pull in bananas surrounding the player.
- Blazing Banana: Is a Banana on fire. It will put some flaming fruit on the track for opponents to run into. If a Kong uses this, more flaming fruits will be left on the track.
- Tasty Melon: Will make a user invincible for a period of time.
- Crystal Coconut: Similar to the Tasty Melon, a Crystal Coconut will make a player invincible and have unlimited Wild Moves for a period of time.
 Blue Balloon
- Mini-Necky: Will ram into the opponent behind them and ram into them. If a Kremling uses Mini-Necky, then the opponent loses a Wild Move.
- Whirlwind: Will take away bananas from all racers and give them to the user.
- Backward Barrel: This barrel is thrown backwards. It will turn into three barrels or three TNT Barrels if used by a Kremling.
- Mini-Zinger: Like the Zinger enemy, a swarm of mini-Zingers will stay on parts of the track. If a player drives in the swarm, they will be attacked and will slow down.
- Pineapple Launcher: A wooden bazooka appears and shoots pineapples at the opponent in front of them. If a Kremling uses it, two pineapples will be shot instead of one.
- Wild Elixir: Will give the user one extra Wild Move. If used by a Kremling, the user will get two extra Wild Moves.
- Mega TNT Barrel: A larger version of the TNT Barrel, this item will have TNT Barrels drop on all opponents and make them lose all of their Wild Moves, have their controls reversed, and not use any of their items.
- Banana Bunch: A bunch of bananas that will give the player 30 bananas when used.
Throughout Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, a variety of Barrels are featured. These barrels will act as obstacles that can help or hinder the player.
- Launcher Barrel: Will launch a player that gets sucked into it.
- Spinning Launcher Barrel: If a player gets sucked into it, this Launcher Barrel will spin around and shoot them out at an angle.
- Barrel: A regular barrel, players are able to avoid them, jump over them, attack them and gain 5 bananas, or run into them and reduce there speed.
- Iron Barrel: Will stop a player who runs into them and can only be destroyed if a player is invincible or hit by an animal buddy.
- TNT Barrel: If touched by a player, it will explode and blow up the player and anything near it.
- Barrel Cannon: Will launch out smaller white barrels that will spin around.
- Style Barrel: A Red Launcher Barrel, it will make a player play a game when shot out of it. Using the Wii Remote, the player will point in specific directions to perform stylish moves. Each move done correctly, will give a player 10 bananas. Getting all four moves right, will give the player 80 bananas.
Related ThreadsBongo Blast??? - last post by @ Feb 3, 2008
bongo blast! (information thread) - last post by @ Oct 16, 2007